Monday, February 17, 2014

An attempt at becoming active again!

So these past few months have been pretty stressful. I mean reallllllllly stressful. I graduated with my Bachelor's in December and I've since been on the job hunt. I am pretty active on Instagram @VXNBeauty but I have neglected this blog to the max.

The lovely Jen at BlushandFuss has graciously nominated me for a Liebster Award. I'll have a post about that very soon. She has also given me the motivation to start blogging more often than once every few months.

Blogging can, and should be, a stress relief for me so it's a wonder I have not thought of this before! While I start to create new material (reviews, looks, swatches, hair stuff, etc) I'll be posting more detailed posts of looks seen on my Instagram.


We'll start with this look I like to call "Dusk" because it's not as cliche as Sunset, lol. Enjoy!


I won this Sleek Snaphots Palette in a contest on /r/RandomActsofMakeup from IT143 :)

I will post swatches and the names in an upcoming post!

With it I created this look. I used Purple Haze on the inner corner and between the wings, Tequila Sunrise in the center of my lid, and Magenta Madness in the outer corner and crease. I blended that out with Sand Walker and highlighted a bit with Martini. 

The colors themselves are quite pigmented, but I also used my Urban Decay Primer potion and NYX shadow pencil in Milk as a base. The white base really helped the colors pop. 

Since the previous photos were taken at night, I decided to try this look again the next day in natural light. I also made it slightly more wearable. 
I noticed my right eye wasn't blended as great as the left side. Practice makes perfect! I took this photo from my Instagram, hence the tag. 

Another screenshot from my Instagram. 

Here's the full Product List:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion, the original. 
  • NYX Shadow Pencil in Milk.
  • Sleek Snapshots Palette using Purple Haze, Tequila Sunrise, Magenta Madness, Sand Walker, and Martini. 
  • Wet 'n' Wild Purple eye liner on my waterline. 
  • NYX Charcoal Brow Pencil. 
  • Mica Beauty Black Gel Liner. 
  • Clump Crusher Mascara. 
  • Makeup Forever HD Foundation in #127. 
  • Clinique Bronzer in Sunkissed. 
  • Benefit Watts Up to highlight.
  • Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. 
  • MAC Heroine lipstick.
  • NYX Milk again, in the center of my bottom lip to add fullness. 
Thank you for reading!

Cherise 

No comments:

Post a Comment